Thursday, September 24, 2009

The Making of A Champion

“For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and love and of a sound mind”  -  2 Timothy 1:7

 

This is scary stuff folks.  Did I say I was going to run a marathon?  What was I thinking?  This is me.  Diva Rene Williams.  Never in a million years could I have ever predicted I would see myself competing in a marathon.  Only the strong and tough dare to compete in such a monumental challenge!!  Who do I think I am?

 

So where do I begin?  How do you make a miracle?  What is a DIVA to do?  First let me explain what DIVA stands for:

 

Do

     It

        Victorious

            Always!

 

If I plan on being a champion and making it to the STARTING line – I need to start thinking like a champion.  The Lord tells me I can overcome fear because I have been given all power to overcome any obstacle.  As Vince Lombardi says in his famous speech:

 

“Winning is not a sometime thing; it’s an all the time thing. You don’t win once in a while; you don’t do things right once in a while; you do them right all the time. Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.”

 

Your goals determine your habits.  If I am going to make it to the STARTING line I have to change my daily habits.  This past week I have been scouring my personal library with all my books on eating properly, exercise, motivation, goal setting, and winning.  I realize to achieve this mighty quest  I have to do the things I did to accomplish other monumental goals in life.  I have to visualize what it is I want to be and start “faking it until I make it.”  I have to start acting as if I have already achieved it in mind, body and spirit.

 

So here I go.  I have made a daily checklist of the things I am striving to incorporate into my life each day that will empower me to maximize my greatest potential.  I am taking baby steps daily to add each one in gradually until I have transformed my habits completely.  I think I read that anything you do for 21 days straight becomes ingrained in your mind as a habit.  Here’s the list.  I will explain each item on the list and why it is important as I go along in future columns.

 

Daily Champion Checklist

 

1.     Increase water intake

2.     Start walking daily

3.     Body brushing

4.     Stretching Exercise

5.     Face exercise

6.     “Eat To Live” eating plan

7.     Sunshine moments

8.     Mini trampoline jumping

9.     Drink apple cider vinegar cocktails

10.  Take  digestive enzymes

11.  Drink a green drink

12.  Say positive affirmations

13.  Prayer time

14.  Do sit ups for core strength

15.  Take multi-vitamins

16.  Moisturize body

17.  Bible study

18.  Rest

19.  Meditation

20.  Deep breathing

21.  Footcare

 

The beauty of this list is that I feel it is a checklist for transformational good health in general.  I will continue to run a never-ending marathon to prevent cancer from returning to my body.  I believe our health is a powerful weapon in thwarting any disease.  So whatever marathon in life you are running yourself – whatever problem, disease, stronghold or situation you are struggling to overcome – take control – take power over it – take a stand and become all you were born to be.

 

I believe I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.  I believe we all can.  I invite you to join me in your own transformation.  Together we can all find heaven on earth!  Onward and upward!

 

Have a heavenly day!

 

Rene

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment